navigation bar, home, services, the team,What's on,Youthwork,History

St James Church

Church Rd      Brownhills

West Midlands  WS8  6AB


  

Tel 01543 372187

Diocese of Lichfield

St James Church  Brownhills with Ogley Hay

 

Diocese of Lichfield

Home.  Services . The Team. What's On!. Youthwork. Coming Soon!. History. Gallery. Links.

   www.stjameschurchbrownhills.co.uk

St James Church was built in 1850/51 at a cost of £3,670


It was designed to represent a cross, in the early decorated style, with a chancel and nave, without aisles, terminated at the west end by a handsome bell turret, crowned by a small spire.  


It was originally known as the Parish of Ogley Hay but was changed to reflect the growth of the town.


It is a parish of 13,000 people set at the heart of a triangle bounded by Walsall, Lichfield and Cannock.




Chancel, crossing, Nave CHANCEL
CROSSING
NAVE
Early Pic of St James

Read the History  of St James Church Brownhills 1851 - 2001   pdf File

By John Mainwaring

History of St James Church

Next.